Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New Map: The Barony of Mendovia

Today I created a new map in Campaign Cartographer 3 (CC3) for the Barony of Mendovia, a fictional country in the world of Grimm City. Mendovia is small, old world country ruled with an iron hand by one of the major super-villains in my campaign world, The Black Baron. I used the latest installment of the Cartographer's Annual which simulates the look of overland satellite maps to make this, and I'm really pleased with the results.
The Barony of Mendovia

For a larger poster map version, click here.

Only one question remains...

For the answer to that question and more, please tune in next time!
Until then, thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I've printed a copy of this off for the ProFantasy office gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - I'm truly honored, Simon. This new overland satellite mapping style really is very easy and fun to use and infinitely useful for a variety of RPG genres. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Nice map!

    I put an ENORMOUS amount of effort into my own overland-style map (done in Photoshop). So much so, that I don't plan to ever do it again. If the most recent CC3 annual makes that easier, I'll have to pick that up.

    My map, in case you curious: http://www.warlordsofnum.org/index.php?title=Archaea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brandon - your Archaea map is really nice too. The overland satellite annual issue was very easy to use, and it was easy to import additional fill styles in as well (the cities were made from seamless PNG fill tiles that came with Cosmographer). I've seen some of the excellent tutorials for doing these types of maps in GIMP and Photoshop that are out there on places like The Cartographers Guild, but using this annual was far less involved. But you could still use Photoshop (or GIMP) too for post work on the CC3 export as well.

    ReplyDelete