Wednesday, June 27, 2012

BAMF Podcast: ICONS Demo with Golden Age Thrilling Action #2

Yesterday I once again had the great pleasure of being a guest on Mike Lafferty's BAMF! Podcast where I ran a short ICONS game session for Mike and the other invited guests. For last night's game, I used the battle scene from Golden Age Thrilling Action #2: Daredevil vs. The Claw from Stark City Press, written by yours truly and illustrated by ICONS line artist Dan Houser. Also on hand were John Post (author of the ICONS adventures No Laughing Matter, Whiteout! and Aquazombies of the Kriegsmarine) playing one of his signature PCs, Darkness (featured in ICONS Hero Pack 2 and an upcoming Justice Wheels release from Fainting Goat Games), and Adrian Smith, a very talented artist now doing a lot of work for ICONS, who played his original Golden Age character designed just for this podcast, Jetman. Mike rounded out the team by playing Daredevil himself.

You can listen to all the Golden Age thrilling action that was had by all over at the BAMF! Podcast!

The original Just Add Heroes Daredevil entry on which Golden Age Thrilling Action #2 is based can be found here!

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this a great deal. I'd love to hear further adventures.

    I have to admit that I wasn't particularly interested in the old public domain characters. (Generally, if they've fallen into the public domain, that means that they are no longer being published--which is often because they're not very interesting.) However, this little adventurette (er, action scene) has made it seem interesting to me.

    Good work, all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John! It was a lot of fun, but it was definitely a new experience for me gaming over the phone on a conference call as opposed to sitting around the table together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I caught part of it yesterday. I'm planning on finishing it up later tonight. Good times, indeed!

    ReplyDelete