One of the really cool new toys you will find in the soon to be released Stark City Campaign Setting and City Building Toolkit is the ICONIC Settings Rules by the creator of ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying himself, Steve Kenson. Building on the Fate-inspired Aspects (qualities and challenges) already found in ICONS and the city building rules from the Dresden Files RPG, Steve's toolkit not only lets you build your own cities, but everything from the neighborhood diner right up to interplanetary galactic empires (not to mention your own character's personal Batcave or Fortress of Solitude!) They really mesh well with the existing ICONS rules and add to the collaborative setting building we've already seen with team and villain creation in the ICONS core rulebook and the Villainomicon. It's a wonderful collaborative process, allowing input from both the Game Master and the players if you so desire. Kickstarter backers have already seen these new rules, but I thought I'd give everyone a sneak peak by using them to build one of the most famous secret hideouts of all, the Batcave!
Location: Cave Complex Beneath Stately Wayne Manor on the Outskirts of Gotham City
People: Bruce Wayne/Batman, Alfred Pennyworth, Dick Grayson/Robin
- Butler On Call (Alfred Pennyworth)
- Garage and Hanger Bay (Batmobile, Batcycle, Batcopter, Batplane)
- The Most Sophisticated Security System in the World
- Secret Entrance: Wayne Manor Bat-Poles Hidden Behind Bookcase
- Secret Entrance: Camouflaged Exit to Service Road
- Secret Entrance: Artificial Fog-Concealed Hanger Entrance
- Trophy Room
Thanks for reading, and "C" you tomorrow!